The End of the World (apocalypse)
The end of the world is a term that refers to the final events in the history of this world. It is also referred to as “end of all life” or the “end of time.”
Is World War III going to happen?
At some point down the road, a major conflict isnâ€™t impossibleâ€”but as of Jan. 7, 2020 (and despite World War III trending on Twitter), no nations have declared war as a result of the U.S.-led killing of Iranian general Qassem Soleimani on Jan. 3.
Yes, Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei did vow to take revenge on U.S. targets in the region, and a war between the countries is possible, but a world war is â€œa war engaged in by all or most of the principal nations of the world,â€ says Merriam-Webster. A lot would need to happen in order for this to occur.
Is the world going to end in 2012?
No. It is the year 2017, so the world has not ended, but has continued on.
This is what many people believe in:
The world is going to end when:
- When you see earthquakes.
- When you see Vulcans.
- When you see many problems.
- When you see wars.
- When you see protests.
The true answer is that nobody knows when the earth will end, but it will happen in a long time in the future.
There was a movie called 2012 about the end of the world, but that is just for entertainment.
How many people will die in 2012?
I HOPE you mean how many, and the truth is a normal amount as a normal year. The end of the world is not is 2012.
Do Christians go to heaven when they die or are they in the grave until the rapture?
Christian do go to. How about you watch studies on this? Like "The Lazarus Phenomenon" and "The Search For Heaven", that studied Life After Death. Atheists had paid to require that all that have died, been confirmed dead by a doctor, and come back to life" only be called "near death". Yet still means Life After Death.
Which people go to Heaven; which ones will go to Hell?
What do people say at the end of a meeting?
People say different things at the end of meetings, but whatever is said would let people know that the meeting is over. One thing that is said is "This meeting is now adjourned" or something similar.
When is the world going to end?
The End of the World
Below are some thoughts as to when the world is going to end:
- In order to answer this question, we must infer that the questioner means earth and surrounding areas. However, some are taught esoterically that the world comes and goes in history with no permanent creation or destruction. To say the world ends means no preservation exists eternally. Yet many religions have different beliefs and to say one has preference over the other means one is a member of that belief. I prefer the going and coming of lower world preservation times. It could end tomorrow and begin the next day, but in a permanent ending, I do not believe. Consciousness of the Self as an individual spiritual divine spark is eternal no matter what form one is in whether spiritual or manifest. Religions and philosophies place great limitations upon one, whereas freedom of spirit always has been for all outside these binding (meaning of religion) influences.
- The world will end when no one expects it, when Jesus comes to earth, he will take the people who served him on one side, the other on the other, then he will take the good people up to Heaven and the rest will die while the earth is destroyed, no one knows when though, and don't worry about it, don't freak out.
- Although the date December 20, 2012 sticks out according to the predictions of Nostradamus (many of his works were coded), the Aztec calendar (nothing on their calendar is recorded after this) and people such as Edgar Cayce, this date does keep coming up. The truth... no one knows when the world is going to end. Since I was a little girl growing up in the 1940's to date there was always this controversy that the world was going to end soon. So far it hasn't, but, we all have to participate in keeping our planet clean and replacing what we take (if we can) and the worst danger of all is over population of the world. This leads to less and less space and an imbalance of nature.
- It is speculated that the world will most likely end in the year 2012. The Mayan calendar is a system of measurement that has been accurate within seconds for thousands of years. Most of the predictions that were made by the race were correct. In the year 2012 the Mayan calendar ceases completely. There is argument over whether the world will actually end or if it will be similar to an ecological new beginning. In other words, something akin to hitting the reset button.This is purely theory, and cannot be proven at this point.
- Jesus said no one but the Father knows.
- According to scientists many people believe that the world will end on Dec. 21, 2012. That's the end of the Mayan calendar and most of the predictions were correct but nobody really knows when the world will end. The world will end unexpectedly like a thief in the night as said in the Bible "You shall not know the date nor the time."
- No one really knows. There are people with signs walking down pedestrian areas in cities that say they know, and occasionally someone will give a date and say it comes from God, but in the scriptures (if you are religious) it tells us that no man knows the hour. We'll probably figure it out before it happens... but not by much. And if you aren't religious, the answer is the same... who knows when we'll blow ourselves up with scary manmade bombs or the next pandemic will come. The best thing we can do is live the best we can and not worry about things that we can't control.
- It will end 2012, December 21. it said before Jesus was born on calenders
- People aren't sure. You will know when it is going to happen, though.
- End of the world - December 21, 2012
- Apocalyptic predictions: 2012 is sometimes claimed to be a great year of spiritual transformation (or apocalypse). Many esoteric sources interpret the completion of the twelfth B'ak'tun cycle in the Long Count of the Maya calendar (which occurs on December 21 by the most widely held correlation) to mean there will be a major change in world order.
- Accordingly, several eclectic authors claim that a major, world-changing event will take place in the year 2012:
- The 1995 book The Mayan Prophecies linked the Mayan calendar with long-period sunspot cycles.
- The book claims the Maya may have been instructed in their wisdom by discarnate entities from Orion and the Pleiades. Contact was maintained through shamanic rituals conducted in accordance with the movements of planets and stars.
- The 1997 book "The Bible Code" claims that, according to certain algorithms of the Bible code, a meteor, asteroid or comet will collide with the Earth.
The book "The Nostradamus Code" speaks of a series of natural disasters caused by a comet (possibly as above) which will allow the third Antichrist to disperse his troops around the globe under the guise of aid in preparation for a possible nuclear war, although in the strictest sense it is unspecific as to nuclear war or some other natural or man caused destruction.
- The book "The Orion Prophecy" claims that the Earth's magnetic field will reverse.
- The 2005 book "Beyond 2012: Catastrophe or Ecstasy" by Geoff Stray reviews several theories, prophecies and predictions concerning 2012 and finds where authors have used faulty information or have bent the truth to fit their theories.
- The 2006 book "2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl" by Daniel Pinchbeck discusses theories of a possible global awakening to psychic connection by the year 2012, creating a noosphere. It also discusses many other aspects of the 2012 phenomenon from a neutral perspective.
- Other prophecies and apocalyptic writings and hypotheses for this year include:
- Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which a great number of things could happen, including "hyperspatial breakthrough", planetesimal impact, alien contact, historical metamorphosis, metamorphosis of natural law, solar explosion, quasar ignition at the galactic core, or nothing.
- The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, speculated that Pope Benedict XVI would reign during the beginning of the tribulation of which Jesus spoke, and sometime later a future pope described in the prophecy as "Peter the Roman", the last in this prophetic list, would appear, bringing as a result the destruction of the city of Rome and the Last Judgment.
- Many new age spiritualists and philosophers ("new-agers") believe humankind will enter an age of enlightenment in 2012. There are a range of varying, generally positive, beliefs shared by a subset of spiritualists from the mundane to exceptional - including a positive social shift and age of peace, mankind becoming psychic and connected by a collective, and/or an evolution of the human race into non-corporeal beings made of "spiritual" energy, or light energy, i.e. 'ascension'.
- Some alien-enthusiasts, along with some new-agers, believe 2012 to correspond approximately with the return of alien "watchers" or "caretakers" who might have helped the first human civilizations with developing their technology and may have been waiting for us to reach a higher level of technological and/or social advancement. Beliefs range from the extra-terrestrials having benevolent purposes - such as to help human society evolve - to malevolent purposes - such as enslavement of mankind and/or manipulation.
- The Nepalese ascetic Ram Bahadur Bomjon, the so-called "Buddha boy", reportedly told his followers that he would return around 2012.
- Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book "The Peak of World Oil Production" and "The Road To The Olduvai Gorge" claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012.
- The end of the world, The world will end in our hands. Soon we will turn ourselves into monsters as we are beginning to. Soon the world will lose its' humane self and rot. World War III is coming. United states is losing it's seat in being the World Power. Eager people are waiting to get their hands on NUKE and send them. For our sake, I hope the world does not end and it will not end, for it is only the beginning.
- According to scientists: about 6 billion years from now
- Nobody knows except the person that created the earth itself
- Many people have tried and will continue trying to derive the date of the end of the world. However, the plain and simple truth is that no one can really know for sure.
- That's for God to decide. No one knows for sure, only God!
- This question is practically unanswerable. There are many beliefs that the world will one day end (most commonly known as judgment day).
- But how or when it will end depends on the religion or faith that people follow/believe in.
- Some people believe that the world will not end, go on until the end of time, although that is a paradox within itself since there is not "the end of time" if they believe the world will not end!
- From the Islam religion, the only information that is given is that when The Day Of Judgment -Yawm al 8iyama, literally meaning the day of the rising- does happen, it will be on a Friday.
- Half way through the year 2830 the world (planet Earth) will implode.
- Nobody really knows, there are several spiritual, religious and scientific theories of how the world will end and when, several times in the past there have been predictions of when the world will end, like the years 1000, 2000 and in the future, 2012. Scientifically though planet earth will be consumed when the sun grows to a red giant in a couple of billion years or so, whether or not humans are still around remains to be seen, more than likely we will either be extinct, evolved into another lifeform or no longer live on earth.
- 2012 The Mayan's were great with numbers. Even NASA has said something big is going to happen in the year 2012. but truthfully, nobody in this world knows when the world is going to end. And You should not be worried about that now. It does not matter.
- It says in The Bible that when Jesus, our Savior, comes back, as He promised us before He went to Heaven, then the Earth might possibly end from all sorts of natural disasters. But truthfully, nobody except God knows. But as I stated earlier, it depends on which religion you believe in. Since not everyone follows The Bible.
- No one can ever know or predict the exact day when the universe will end, because this God hid from us, and never revealed such information to any human being. Whoever predicts a date is certainly a liar.
- No one knows the answer to this; only God knows the appropriate time. So, live everyday like its your last, but prepare for the future like you will here for another 80 years!
- The point when the atmosphere and the ozone runs out of protective layers, and when the sun will burn out. ( note= The sun will burn out in a couple hundred billion years) The world will truly end.
- Reason #1: The world will end when terrorists hack into the US military computer and fire all the nuclear weapons everywhere.
- Reason #2: It is believed by some that the end of the world will occur in the year 2032 A.D. with the most popular scenario being a war between the human race and advanced cybernetic organisms. Other anticipated scenarios are a giant asteroid collision with the earth, World War III and an alien invasion/takeover of the earth.
- Reason #3: There are thousands of cultures that lived thousands of years apart, and they all predicted that on December 21st, 2012, the world will end. The cultures did not specify how, but it could all be a mere coincidence that the cultures chose that same date; or was it chosen for a reason? We will have to wait and find out.
- Reason #4: In opportunity scientists believe that the world will end just like the dinosaurs life ended. The dinosaurs all died from a meteorite that killed any living thing except stuff that are alive today or else we would not have them!
- Reason #5: The world will end because of the overflowing junk that has piled up. There will be so much junk, there will be no place to put it all, and the world will just end up dying.
- According to the Bible, the earth will have an end one day, but no on knows when it will be. All predictions that give a date will be wrong. See these verses from the Bible: About the end of the world: 2 Peter 3:7-13 "But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men...But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up...Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." But as to when that day will be, no one knows: Matthew 24:35-36 "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (See also Mark13:31-32.) That day is said to come as a "thief in the night", which means that no one will no when it will be - for no one knows when a thief will break in their house. (Matthew 24:42-44, 2 Peter 3:10, 1 Thessalonians 5:2) Jesus said in Matthew 24:44 "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh."
- Probably when the sun dies! That will be in about 5 billion years (because that's how much hydrogen we estimate the sun has).
- When ice caps melt from global warming. That is because the water from the ice caps will overflow the seas and it would flood the Earth's lands!
- Some say that the worlds going to end on 21st December 2012 because that's when the Mayan calendar ends. I don't think anyone needs to worry about it. The world is not going to end until Jesus comes down to earth again.
Nobody knows when The End Of The World is but many people suspected we were all supposed to die on December 21 2012 but it did not happen.
There is only one person that knows when the end of the world will be. Only God knows when the end of the world will be.
The addenda of the "internet pope" begins here :
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit :2 Peter 3:10 - "But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat, both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. [v.11 : Therefore, since all things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, (12) looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? (13) Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."]
12/21/2013 A.D. :
Recently, I happened upon a copy of Pilgrim's Progress, which is, in essence, the Gospel of Jesus Christ according to St. John Bunyan, written in the style of an action/adventure novel. (The brief biography of John Bunyan which I read, relates that on more than one occasion he was taken prisoner, and was a mischievous sort of child, who during the 17th century was led to God in various stages [phases])
The book's main character, Christian, receives a call, a vocation, from God, to leave his city of destruction and embark on a perilous journey to the Celestial City in order to enjoy the rewards of his God-King. Burdened with sin, Christian struggles to meet with one of many characters, Interpreter, who instructs him of several things and bids Christian, "God speed."
Then Christian tearfully comes to the Cross of Christ, and the burden of his sin is removed, falling off his back into a sepulcher. Christian is then also clothed in fine raiment and given a written roll, a bible, a testament, a resolution, a tract of inspirational writing that he should present at the gate of the Celestial City so that he could be welcomed by the God-King, even though more dangers awaited him on the way.
The Courageous movie (video), this 'Resolution ' program, as well as the mentoring and follow-up programs, inclusive to release from prison, all seemingly bear a mirroring of the story of Christian's journey in Pilgrim's Progress. It is my prayer with and for you that we, too, complete this journey, successfully, with room to spare.
It also has only been recently that I have had recourse to study some particulars about the perils of our journey as those of which Christ spoke in the Gospel of St. Matthew, chapter twenty four. This has included facing my accusers who, much like myself prior to prayer and research, were in need of a greater understanding of events yet to come. What began as continued robbery, a refusal/failure to do automobile inspection, by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, has ended in the knowledge that a nuclear holocaust awaits us in the near future.
In 2 Peter 3:10 there is mention of a "great noise". I have been led to understand that this ' great noise' will be caused as an after effect of nuclear war. It is only through the use of such incendiaries that a global kindling could occur, much like a flour mill explosion, produced by the dense concentrations of dust and debris in the atmosphere. This explosion will be preceded by an event that some Catholic mystics have called "the three days of darkness." The build-up of fallout will cause this. I have been given the grace to draw some parallels between Christ's coming and return, specifically, His sending the same messenger firstly, and the uniqueness of each experience.
What possible reminder could the earth engulfed in darkness possibly evoke? Was not Christ in the tomb, that sepulcher of sin, for three days? Has not a great spiritual darkness already come upon men, where common murder is seen as a God serving necessity, and sexual perversion is embraced as ethical? Take away God's grace, and we will all surely perish, but this is the Judgment, the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.
The Catholic mystics tell us that the only way to see physically during the three days of darkness shall be by being in possession (and use) of both blessed (beeswax) candles and blessed matches. This means that all manner of conventional electricity will fail. What scientists must remember is that the coming of the day of the Lord has unique experiences. The agnostic/atheist scientist who has gone so far as to assume electricity to be solely of man's creation, will find him/her self without an explanation.
But all scientists will agree that the arsenal of ICBMs (inter-continental ballistic missiles) could be strong enough to cause fallout greater than the largest known natural explosion, that of Krakatoa, the volcano-island that basically disappeared after erupting in the latter 1800's, and caused worldwide visible darkening for some five days.
When nations vie for the status of having the most deadly force as regards their weaponry, Satan is literally having a picnic. As long and damaging as what is called "World War Two" was, the era of peace to come, as promised by Our Lady of Fatima's prophecy (1917), has not yet been realized in terms of the resolution of the three days of darkness, where, again, to quote the 2nd letter of St. Peter, "we . . . look for the new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells."
With such unresolved conflict, it is easy that one find writing of resolution to be a difficult task. I have noted to the group that the Resolution Program wreaks of error in the subliminal and outright disobedience to Christ's command, : "Call no man your father." I have efforted to also show that God raises, even resurrects, the sign of the Son of Man (Matt. 24:30) - that He has used my body, soul, and strength in this process, which in the past was manifested to the world in St. Elijah and St. John the Baptist.
There is need for further resolution which only time and the grace of God can bring. Let us not hasten unnecessarily, as inclusive to this resolution is the eternity which Christ has promised : (cf. John 14:2) : "I go to prepare a place for you." Christ's preparing has included His sufferings and death upon the Cross, defeating death by His death. We are assured that our Creator has spoken with resolve on the night He was betrayed to continue to work on our behalf in His promise and sending of the Holy Spirit to strengthen and guide us.
The Epistle of James (4:13-14) states : "Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit' ; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away."
Let our resolution then, be that of God's resolve - past, present, and future, to learn and love of His Word, as did Christian in Pilgrim's Progress. Christ has said of our times, "All these are beginnings of sorrows," likening His 2nd Coming to the birth of a child. Let us resolve to embrace that coming Child, for it is, indeed, Our Creator and Our God.
the resurrected Prophet of the Most High,
St. John the Baptist,
whom Jesus Christ calls "the Elias who was to come",
enjoying the rapture of Christ's love in the duty of Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman),
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30).
The world will never end because Christ is seated at the right hand of God the Father, ruling, reigning and judging His people : Today, Bright Monday, April 6, 2015 A.D., is the 937th day in the 1,290 and 1,335 day periods of Daniel 12:11 & 12, respectively.
Of May 8, 2016 A.D., it was foretold more than 2,500 years ago, and written :
"Blessed is he who waits and comes unto 1,335 days."
Great and Holy Friday, March 25, 2016 A.D., begins the final 45 days of the 1,335 day period.
This is the judgment of fire foretold in : 2 Peter 3:10-14 Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA) 10 But the day of the Lord shall come as a thief, in which the heavens shall pass away with great violence, and the elements shall be melted with heat, and the earth and the works which are in it, shall be burnt up.
11 Seeing then that all these things are to be dissolved, what manner of people ought you to be in holy conversation and godliness?
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of the Lord, by which the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with the burning heat?
13 But we look for new heavens and a new earth according to his promises, in which justice dwelleth.
14 Wherefore, dearly beloved, waiting for these things, be diligent that you may be found before him unspotted and blameless in peace.
when god decides
When will the world end? That's a good thing to ask.... But you don't have to worry about it because it will happen in more then 100000000 years!
When the movie 2012 was made?
The movie 2012 was made since 2010.
Is the world going 2 end it 2000?
well 12 years later i think its safe to say. NO
What exact date did World War I start and end?
Start: July 28th, 1914.
End: November 11th, 1918. Veterans Day.
The world War 1 ended in November 1918. I read this in a book so I think it is pretty accurate, but it doesn't show the exact date.
What is the dance drama on myths and legend?
DANCE DRAMA ON MYTHS AND LEGENDS
- Myths and legends in Bali often have a lesson or moral
- Balinese myths and legends are filled with animals with human characteristics, spirits, ghosts, magic, and ordinary people overcoming extraordinary situations
- Kbo Iwo is a myth about how Bali`s Lake Batur and Mount Batur were formed
- Many Balinese myths and legends are retold through dance and drama
- The Ramayana (the story of Rama) is a well-known legend and often retold with the use of shadow puppets
Myths and legends
Balinese myths and legends are retold to each new generation so that their lessons and morals are constantly passed on. They are most commonly passed down by parents or grandparents to children through the oral retelling of stories. Different art forms are also a popular way of expressing many of the island's myths and legends. The Balinese people often tell their stories through dance, drama, textile designs, puppetry and music.
Balinese myths and legends are often filled with characters of animals with human characteristics, spirits, ghosts, magic and ordinary people who overcome extraordinary situations. Many stories are important as they teach children ideas about their land, traditions and customs.
Kbo Iwo is the myth which tells how Bali's Lake Batur and Mount Batur were formed (see image 1). It is believed that there was once a giant as tall as a mountain who roamed the island, called Kbo Iwo. He would help the Balinese people build temples and villages, dig ditches and cut terraces out of the hillsides for rice paddies. All he asked for in return for his help was food. His appetite was enormous, however, and there was never enough food to satisfy him. His hunger would sometimes make him angry and he would destroy the things that he helped to build and then eat the villagers.
One year there was a very poor harvest of food and the Balinese people could barely feed themselves, much less a giant. This angered Kbo Iwo so much that he rampaged across the island, killing and destroying everything in sight until all the homes, rice fields and temples were ruined. The people were very angry with Kbo Iwo and gathered together to decide how to stop him. They planned to make friends with the giant again and then kill him.
The people begged Kbo Iwo to help rebuild the temples, homes and rice fields that he had destroyed in his rampage. The giant agreed and worked at replacing everything that he had destroyed. The Balinese people then asked him to build a well, which he started digging. As he dug, the earth piled high next to the well. The pile was as high as a mountain.
After eating, the giant fell asleep in the well. Whilst he was sleeping the people poured huge amounts of lime (a sticky substance) down the well. The lime set around the giant and when he woke up he was unable to escape.
The well then began to fill with water and it soon overflowed to become a lake. Today many believe that the lake is Lake Batur, Bali's largest lake. The pile of earth that Kbo Iwo dug out of the well is believed to be Mount Batur, Bali's third-largest volcanic mountain.
The Ramayana, or The Story of Rama, is one of the most well-known stories in Indonesia. It originates from India but has been modified over the last 2000 years. It is an epic tale known by almost all Balinese people because it has been told so many times. Shadow puppets are used in the most common form of its retelling (Wayang Kulit - see image 2). This performance uses shadow puppets to retell the story over many hours.
The basic storyline of the Ramayana legend is that there was a king who exiled his eldest son, the prince, to the forests of Dandaka for 14 years. The prince, Rama, went without question but his wife, Sita, and one of his brothers, Laksmana, would not leave his side and went into the forest with him.
They began to build a home and because the forest was filled with evil and unknown creatures, the prince created an invisible wall around the house to protect his wife.
A monster king, Rawana, discovered the home and saw Sita and thought she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. He plotted with his brother to kidnap Sita.
Rama and Laksmana, on discovering Sita was gone, began searching for her. The bird Jatayu, king of the birds, had seen what had happened but had been stabbed and was dying. He was able to tell Rama what he had seen before dying.
Rama and Laksmana headed towards the kingdom of the monkeys and their king, Sugriwa, agreed to help them find Sita. Once they reached the coast, there was no way to cross the sea. The monkeys worked for seven days and seven nights to create a causeway (a path over water) using boulders and tree trunks. They crossed immediately and were confronted by an army of giants sent by Rawana. The monkeys, however, defeated the giants.
A number of battles occurred after they defeated the giants. During one battle, Rama sped towards Rawana shooting arrows as he ran. Although his arrows would not kill Rawana, they were able to push him further backwards until he slammed into two boulders and became stuck. The two rocks began to crush him. It was believed the rocks contained the souls of his two daughters whom he had killed. He was imprisoned between these rocks until he died.
Rama ran Rawana's palace where he found Sita alive and unharmed. Rama, Sita and Laksmana returned to the forest to continue their 14 years of exile. On returning to their kingdom, Rama was made rightful king and ruled his people for many years.
Other Balinese myths and legends
The Balinese culture is filled with many myths and legends about all aspects of life from creation to death.
Antaboga (the world serpent) comes from traditional Balinese mythology. It is believed that Antaboga was the only thing to exist at the beginning of time and through meditation it created the turtle Bedwang (the world turtle). It is thought that all other creations came from Bedwang.
According to traditional Balinese mythology, Rangda was a terrifying demon queen. She led an army of evil witches who fought againt Barong, who led the forces of good. The word rangda means widow in Indonesia and many people believe that this myth is based on reality.
There was once a Javanese queen, Manendradatta, who was exiled by her husband, Dharmodayana, for using witchcraft. The queen took revenge and began to kill the kingdom with a plague. She was finally stopped by a holy man and it is believed that Rangda was this queen in some form. The Balinese culture depicts Rangda's struggles with Barong and her son in a popular drama/dance. She is most often depicted as having long and messy hair, claws, fangs, and big eyes.
Setesuyara and Batara Kala
Setesuyara and Batara Kala are both underworld goddesses. They are thought to be the gods of the underworld who rule from a cave. Batara Kala is also known as the creator of the light and the earth.this may answer your questions. but use it for good :))
Is the world going to end tomorrow?
The fact is that the Earth has been here for a long, long, very long time. For it to end would take an amount of energy difficult to calculate. Humans on the other hand have inhabited the planet Earth for a relatively short period of time, say a million years or so. That being said, in the entire history of the planet, more than 95% of the species that have ever inhabited the planet no longer exist. That being said, the world of humans could end tomorrow, or it could end in another million years.
What is the most probable end of the world theory?
It depends on your whether you view the end of the world from a religious perspective or a scientific one. Scientists predict a gradual, natural end and/or man-made end while religious experts say God will destroy the Earth.
How will the world end for people?
Nobody knows how or when the world will end... So this question was kinda stupid.
What 3 empires fell as a result of World War 1?
Germany Austria Turkey and Russia
The Russians were taken over by Bolsheviks (Communists).
The Ottoman Empire and the Austro-Hungarian Empire were destroyed and are now countries like Croatia, Czech republic (Bohemia and Moravia), etc.
The Germans were forced to return Poland to the Polish, and other various pieces of land and pay reparations.
Is judgment day true?
yes it is. no one know when it will come exept Allah. first thing to be judged will be prayer. And every body will be judged on their actions
No, In the bible Jesus told us that only the Father knows when the day of judgment is, therefore man cannot know when this will happen.Bible says that "No man" will know the "hour" or the "day" of the "end."
Summary of end of the world 2012?
Jesus described the signs that would come just before and during the end. Wars and rumors of wars, many more natural disasters than usual, world-economy and global monetary system, increased technology. The bible also said that the problems will start in the holy land (the middle east) These are the highlights. But when the disciples asked exactly when he answered that He did not know. Only the Father in Heaven knows the hour. So we are not supposed to know when. There is no proof that says the world will end in the year 2012, however many of the prophecies are slowly coming true. But do not worry, God loves us all. But he won't return until its time to go out of earth like 2195 or something.
Is there going to be a world war 3?
No one knows if there is going to be a third World War. At the present time, it appears there will not be one.
In my opinion, I think there will be a World War 3. See, right now we are in debt by several trillions of dollars with China. With this bad economy, we cannot afford to pay them back. They will get frustrated and start demanding things from us. The US, thinking we are all "big and bad" will say no. China will probably start something. So, I have a feeling that Japan and maybe Germany will side with China. Iraq, already hating us, will side with China too. India, not liking Muslims, will side with us and take out Iraq. Europe will probably stayout of it but eventually join in and side with us. Canada will join if they like. I'm not sure about Russia and Africa though. But you never know. It could happen or maybe not...
World War III is not as likely since the collapse of the USSR. China has no intention of starting any form of conflict that they could not win outright. The problem is that if nations side with warring factions (Iran vs Israel, India vs Pakistan), we could have the same scenario as before World War I, when a small conflict escalates into a global one.
Is the world going to end in 2026?
Well....NO!The world won't end in 2026 otherwise scientists and astronomers would have seen it. It is the same theory as 2012 nothing will happen - except the olympics. If you want my advice don't worry. I'm sure the world will end when the Sun burns up. But that won't happen for another couple of billion years and by then another huge star could have formed in it's place that will last for longer just relax and take life as it comes. :)
Is the the world going to end in 2039?
no the world will not end. God created the world to live forever. Even so, if he did destroy the earth he would expand it make it pure and everyone will live in the same time. There will be no leadership for everyone will know what to do. Even so who's to say the world already died when dinosaurs went extinct. Mabey we will have a nother chance where god will look to us open handed and say lets go to a new world.
What is the Christian theory of 2012?
Christians believe it is false, since no man knows when the world will end, and there is no scriptural reference or basis for it.
When will July 7 again be in a year that ends in 07?
The next date will be July 7, 2107
How is the world going to end according to Islam?
This is what I found out, and if the terms in bold are not familiar to you, try to look them up:
- Jesus (the prophet in Islam) will return to Earth physically to help the Mahdi to end all wars and restore eternal peace.
- During the eternal peace, the wall that has imprisoned Ya'juj and Ma'juj (Gog and Magog) will be broken and will march forth in a large amount of soldiers.
- When the world is under Evil's control, Earth will summon a beast that will conquer Evil's reign.
- At one point in time, people (those who practice Islam) will go through Qiyamah, or the Afterlife. Allah will signal to the angel Israfil, to blow the horn which will mark the beginning of the day of judgment (to bring all people to attention). According to tradition, Muhammad will be the first to be brought back to life.
- The 2nd Time that Israfil blows the horn, all life will end.
- The 3rd Time that Israfil blows the horn, everyone will be brought back to life to meet their Lord for their final judgement.
What would happen if there was no time?
You would never be late again
How do you end a marriage of 24 years when you discover you haven't really loved her?
(All advice is generic and incomplete of necessity. Apply as fits, and use your own brains.)
So either you no longer love her (burn-out) or you've found someone you REALLY love (let's call her N). If it's a burn-out, it's probably mutual. Tell her, and discuss if you can re-ignite. After 24 years you probably don't talk much and have forgotten that people and feelings can change.
Out of simple convinience, you'd usually stay in a marriage even if you (possibly temporary) don't think you REALLY love her. In fact, in 24 years it's bound to have happened lots of times.
Did the marriage become inconvinient to you? Why? If she's gotten ill and does no longer provide you with her usual services you owe her to stay by her side. Your lovelessness doesn't absolve you from your duties. In fact the whole point of marriage is to have some security that goes beyond mere feelings which can be rather fleeting.
If she stopped her usual services of her own will then it's propably a mutual burn-out.
If there's someone new (N): Depending on your depth of love to N you may first try to see whether you really don't love your wife. It's natural not to miss things that are constantly around till they're gone. Tell your wife how you met N, and how you've fallen in love. Depending on how much of a surprise this is to her, give her some minutes or days to digest. Let her comment, talk about it. Here's a standard suggestion (you may find a better solution): You have an official affair with N, your wife goes looking for a new partner. Important: you have to be separated all the time. No calls from you unless you want her back. Your wife and N could change places, or your wife takes a long holiday while N goes to you, or you go to N, etc. The message to give is sth like: "I'm leaving you for N. I may regret this in a few months, but I probably won't, so don't wait for me and go off to have some fun. Should I regret it and you still want me back then, we can reunite." You should also ask her friends to help her along.
Time to grow up! No matter how much two people love each other there will be times when each of you are less then enamored with the other. When we fall in love bells and whistles go off, then we start getting serious and some couples either live together or get married, start a family and that's when the magic starts to subside and only become you are both working to raise children and perhaps also the woman is working at a job outside the home as well and both partners are dead beat at the end of the day. It takes a lot of work to last in a marriage and no, it's not going to be a bowl of cherries all the time. Nothing in life is.
You need to go away for at least 4 days (with no one else) and start thinking a little clearly. The grass isn't always greener on the other side!
You play out in your mind how the divorce is going to be. You should be realistic. Then you decide if you are ready to be apart of the living again. If you are wanting to have a life where you can feel love and passion. How could you discover you didn't love someone all of a sudden after 24 years? Is this because you "discovered" another person and you think the grass is greener on the other side?
Do some SERIOUS soul searching and questioning yourself. If you know you want out and you are miserable, get your life back. Is someone FORCING you to stay or do you have a choice about your own life?
Many people leave the stability and companionship of a long-term marriage, for a short-term infatuation. After a year or two, they genuinely regret it. Consider carefully before you do anything rash. If you made it 24 years, this relationship has SOMETHING going for it. See a marriage counselor to sort things out.
good advice here, i always agree with the statement how did you just find out after 24 years.
you didnt you just felt it after 24 years is more likely, and in your head you distort all the memories, 24 years is a long time, you cant possibly remember everything you felt at every time,
you will have loved her but its just that now you are having doubts, for whatever reason, and should stop telling yourself you didnt love her at all in all those years, im sure you have memories of doing things just because you loved her, and of course it all depends on your definition of love.
of course i don't know your situation and you could have been forced together and maybe never did love her.
but love happens in any and all situations and i doubt that in 24 years together you didnt feel love for her at all.
be a man and accept that yes it hurts now losing love, and losing the love of your life WILL hurt, but the pain just helps you in the end become the person your meant to be.don't run away from it.
and you have to be honest with her, don't for gods sake tell her you never loved her, if you have any feelings for her at all, that will kill her, no-one wants to hear that, no-one deserves to hear or feel that, and she will have many internal problems stemming from that and its not fair to do that to her, whether its true or not, that's YOUR issue to think about not hers!if she asks you just say its over now, you don't feel it now
(.of course there are some people who will dissagree and think honesty is best, but they may not realize, or care, that people are selfish and sometimes are honest, too honest, for someone elses good, simply because they want to ease some guilt or bad feelings of their own.
and that is NOT fair to do to someone because you feel it will help YOU, you know telling her that will NOT help her, you know it will make her feel horrible and question every year of the 24 years, she don't deserve it)
but be honest with the fact that you think its either time for a 'break', time apart, or time to end it. that is the honesty that matters that is what she needs to hear and know.
as always this is just my opinion and im no expert so you can do what you want with what i say, but you did come here for advice and that's mine
We have been to-gether for 27yrs says he has been miserable for 20yrs,now bringing up granddaughter (since 9months old) now 9yrs, partner having affair over 5 yrs now (family friend 24yrs younger than him) he doesnt know what to do, says he loves her not me am at wits end what to do.im 64yrs hes 61yrs.
What does the Bible say about the end times?
What the Bible says about the End of the World?
The end will come within the lifetime of Jesus's listeners."Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom." -- Matthew16:28"But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God." -- Luke 9:27"Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation." -- Matthew 23:36"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." -- Matthew 24:34"Nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven." -- Matthew 26:64"Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power." -- Mark 9:1"Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done." -- Mark 13:30"And ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven." -- Mark 14:62"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." -- Luke 21:32"Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?" -- John 21:22
The end will come within the lifetime of the the New Testament authors."Waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ ... that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ." -- 1 Corinthians 1:7-8"But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none." -- 1 Corinthians 7:29"That ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ. -- Philippians 1:10"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." -- 1 Thessalonians 4:17"I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." -- 1 Thessalonians 5:23"Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son...." -- Hebrews 1:2"But now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself." -- Hebrews 9:26"Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you." -- 1 Peter 1:20"But the end of all things is at hand." -- 1 Peter 4:7"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time." -- 1 John 2:18
The end will come soon. (Within a couple thousand years or so.)"The Lord is at hand." -- Philippians 4:5"For the coming of the Lord draweth nigh." -- James 5:8"For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry." -- Hebrews 10:37"The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass. -- Revelation 1:1"The time is at hand." -- Revelation 1:3"Behold, I come quickly." -- Revelation 3:11, 22:7, 22:12"Surely I come quickly." -- Revelation 22:20 Signs of the End Times The Bible describes events and conditions that mark the end time, or last days. "The sign" is a composite one made up of many evidences; thus its fulfillment requires that all aspects of the sign be clearly in evidence during one generation. The various aspects of the sign are recorded at Matthew chapters 24, 25, Mark 13, and Luke 21; there are further details at 2 Timothy 3:1-5, 2 Peter 3:3, 4, and Revelation 6:1-8.
"For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another." (Matt. 24:7)
War has marred life on the earth for thousands of years. International wars and wars within nations have been fought. But beginning in 1914 the first world war was fought. This was not merely a conflict between two armies on the battlefield. For the first time, all the major powers were at war. Entire nations-including civilian populations-were mobilized to support the war effort. It is estimated that by the end of the war 93 percent of the population of the world was involved.
There have been many famines in human history. To what extent has the 20th century been afflicted by them? World war led to widespread starvation in Europe and Asia. Africa has been stricken by drought, resulting in extensive food shortages. Late in 1980 the Food and Agriculture Organization estimated that 450 million people were hungry to the point of starvation, and up to a billion did not have enough to eat. Of these, some 40 million a year actually die-in some years as many as 50 million-because of the shortage of food.
It is true that there were major quakes in centuries past; furthermore, with their sensitive equipment scientists now detect more than a million quakes a year. But no special instruments are needed for people to know when there is a greatearthquake.
Has there actually been a significant number of major earthquakes since 1914? With data obtained from the National Geophysical Data Center in Boulder, Colorado, supplemented by a number of standard reference works, a tabulation was made in 1984 that included only earthquakes that measured 7.5 or more on the Richter scale, or that resulted in destruction of five million dollars (U.S.) or more in property, or that caused 100 or more deaths. It was calculated that there had been 856 of such earthquakes during the 2,000 years before 1914. The same tabulation showed that in just 69 years following 1914 there were 605 of such quakes. That means that, in comparison with the previous 2,000 years, the average per year has been 20 times as great since 1914.
"In one place after anther pestilences"(Luke 21:11)
At the close of the first world war the Spanish flu swept around the globe, claiming upwards of 20 million lives and at a rate unparalleled in the history of disease. Despite advances in medical science, a heavy toll is exacted every year by cancer, heart disease, numerous sexually transmitted diseases, multiple sclerosis, malaria, river blindness, and Chagas' disease.
Increasing of lawlessness and love of the greater number will cool off' (Matt.24:11,12)
A leading criminologist says: "The one thing that hits you in the eye when you look at crime on the world scale is a pervasive and persistent increase everywhere. Such exceptions as there are stand out in splendid isolation, and may soon be swamped in the rising tide." (The Growth ofCrime, New York, 1977, Sir Leon Radzinowicz and Joan King, pp. 4, 5) The increase is real; it is not merely a matter of better reporting. It is true, past generations had criminals too, but never before has crime been as pervasive as it is now. Persons who are up in years know that from personal experience.
The lawlessness referred to in the prophecy includes contempt for the known laws of God, a placing of self instead of God at the center of one's life. As a result of this attitude, divorce rates are skyrocketing, sex outside of marriage and homosexuality are widely accepted, and tens of millions of abortions are performed every year. Such lawlessness is associated (in Matthew 24:11, 12) with the influence of false prophets, those who set aside God's Word in favor of their own teachings. Heeding their philosophies instead of holding to the Bible contributes toward a loveless world. (1 John 4:8) Read the description of it at 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
"Men will become faint out of fear in expectation of things coming apon the inhabited earth"(Luke 21:25,26)
"The fact is that today the biggest single emotion which dominates our lives is fear," said U.S. News& World Report. (October 11, 1965, p. 144) "Never before has mankind been as fearful as at present," reported the German magazine HÃ¶rzu.-No. 25, June 20, 1980, p. 22
Many factors contribute to this global atmosphere of fear: violent crime, unemployment, economic instability because so many nations are hopelessly in debt, worldwide pollution of the environment, lack of strong and loving family ties, and the overwhelming feeling that mankind is in imminent danger of nuclear annihilation. Luke 21:25 mentions 'signs in sun, moon, and stars, and roaring of the seas' in connection with the anguish felt by the nations. The rising of the sun often causes, not happy anticipation, but fear of what the day may bring; when the moon and stars shine, fear of crime makes people stay behind locked doors. In the 20th century, but not before, planes and missiles have been used to send destruction streaking down from the heavens. Submarines carrying deadly loads of missiles prowl the seas, just one such submarine being equipped to annihilate 160 cities. No wonder the nations are in anguish!
To what do all these eventsof "the last days" point?
Luke 21:31, 32: "When you see these things occurring, know that the kingdom of God is near [that is, the time when it will destroy the present wicked world and itself take full charge of earth's affairs].
'This good news will be preached in all the inhabited earth'(Matt. 24:14)
The message that would be preached is that God's Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ has begun to rule in the heavens, that soon it will put an end to the entire wicked system of things, that under its rule mankind will be brought to perfection and earth will become a paradise. That good news is being preached today in over 200 lands and island groups, to the most distant parts of the earth so that everyone possible is given the opportunity to hear.
For more information, visit the Related Link or read more:
If you want exact quotes on the end time, read parts of Matthew and Revelation. The Bible speaks of the coming of the Antichrist. He will unite the world and he will rule. There are many prophecies about the Antichrist. Before his rule Jesus' followers will be taken. There will be seven years before Jesus comes again. Half way through, the Devil inhabits the Antichrist. Then Jesus will come again after seven years and the Gentiles will be cast into the Lake of Fire to their eternal doom and his followers will be rejoicing in heaven after the great war that we will win. Once again read revelation. I also recommend reading the Tribulation series.
The Bible says that in the end times men will be selfish and hateful. It says times will be perilous.
There are many many references in biblical text to the end of this 2nd of 3 iterations of earth. You will find Prophecies about those times written in the Old and New testaments.
Our Father gives your prophecies about the end of this 2nd earth iterations from the major and minor prophets
Christ gives you many references to the end times via the Apostles (Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21) and his entire book of Revelation which was given to John
I think the real issue is understanding via 2nd Peter 3, and Ecclesiastes 12:7 to obtain the real picture that each Soul existed in the 1st earth iteration which failed due to the actions of Satan (Revelation 12), Now all Souls have a second chance in this 2nd iteration to do those good works which allow them to pass judgement and get to the 3rd iteration (Revelation 20 & 21).
The failure of many people is assuming that there will be a great Rapture before the appearance of Satan as Anti-Christ who then is evil to the remaining left behind. However its clear via biblical texts such as Daniel 11 that Satan comes in in peacefully, Revelation 13 identifies Satan as appearing like the lamb (looks like Christ), and he has super powers which allow him to cause lighting to appear right in front of people, which deceives them.