Marketing Advertising and Sales
Marketing, advertising and sales are the fundamental necessities and key elements to the success of a business. Marketing is about a successful business prospects that involves promoting sales processes through advertising to reach and persuade the customers. Different strategies like public relations, interpersonal interaction and networking – all go into this category.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a salesman?
It is the duty of a salesman to be hardworking and honest.
Its the passion one is expected to put into his task that would determine the success of sales. The better you make efforts, the better the outcomes would accrue from that. If you do something amazing and you believe in it, everything you do is marketing. If you build crap and you know it's crap, then marketing is sleight of hand that you hope to pull on the unsuspecting. You might score twenty bucks by stealing my wallet, but you're not going to gain a customer for life. Also augmenting your marketing approach with promotional products would add a vigor to your marketing campaign.
What are the disadvantages of direct marketing?
1. Junk Mail - By using direct mail, a company risks alienating the customers it seeks to gain. The use of direct mail is often associated with a company of lower status and quality.
2. Environmental Impact - Direct marketing typically involves the heavy use of physical components in order to give consumers an object they can hold in their hands. This physical side of direct marketing means that a greater amount of natural resources are consumed in their production as well as a greater amount of pollution.
3. Metrics - It is hard when using direct marketing to get any reliable metrics on its impact. Direct marketing involves a much longer-term strategy where the results are uncertain and the best that can be said is that it may be working. It is often very unclear whether direct marketing is alienating more customers than it is creating.
4. Time - It is hard to get as immediate of an impact when using direct marketing, as the advertising product, by its nature, takes time to reach consumers. Time is often equated with money in business, and the time ratio in direct marketing is a disadvantage.
5. Laws - The distribution of fliers and street advertising is often prohibited by law in certain areas. This is a major disadvantage of this form of direct marketing as certain customer bases will be unreachable. If a marketer wishes to reach customers, for instance, in a high-traffic and wealthy area, this may be impossible using direct marketing of this kind.
6. Limited Reach - There is an inherently limited geographic reach to direct marketing involving fliers and street advertising. By using this form of direct marketing, you will be limited to consumers in a very specific distribution area and will have to depend on word of mouth for others.
What is auto-traffic?
Traffic exchanges are an easy and affordable way to put eyeballs on your websites. You already know you can get great results from manual traffic exchanges like Soaring4Traffic and ProClickExchange. People sometimes ask me about "autosurfs" or auto traffic exchanges. I own manual exchanges, so I'm biased, I'll say that straight out, but here is my take on auto traffic exchanges.
Most people want to use autosurfs because less work is required to use them. Sites are rotated automatically on a fixed timer for your viewing pleasure. You don't have to click surf icons to view the next site and earn credit; your account is credited automatically with each new site. In fact, you don't even have to sit and watch the sites go by either. That's the big draw of autosurfs. You turn them on and forget them. Now, that can save the traffic exchange user some serious time. Turn on a few autosurfs, then concentrate on writing email copy, working on a new splash page or making a few phone calls. Advertise, earn advertising credits, and work all at the same time! Autosurfs are fantastic for multitasking. Or are they?
The main draw of using an autosurf is the automation of the site rotation. Why is automation attractive? It frees you up to do other things. If you are doing other things, you aren't viewing the sites. So you don't see the sites, big deal. You still earn credits, and that's what you need, so you can keep your site in rotation, right? What is the main goal of using a traffic exchange? Earning credits is important, but credits are useless if your sites rotate on computer screens that nobody is watching. You want to show your site to people who need your products and services, to people who will opt-in to your email list. If you aren't watching the sites rotate, who do you think would?
But hey, like I said, I'm biased, so put it to the test yourself. Track your results in the autosurfs. Compare the results to what you get in manual traffic exchanges. Heck, compare them to your results everywhere else you advertise. You should know what kind of return you get from your various promotional efforts.
Another great way for natural traffic is backlinking. Getting higher ranked in the search engines is great for increasing traffic. This is basically having your site added to other high pagerank websites to be crawled by search engines. The object is building links month to month, creating a higher chance you be found all over the web. Autosurfing is time consuming and your site is only seen by other people wanting you to see their website. Most with no interest in anyone elses promotions. HigherMyPageRank.som is my favorite backlink spot around. I highly suggest it!
Internal Linking is also one option to that. Reciprocal linking is now penalized by Google Penguin update. Getting links from pages High on there domain authority and also from the businesses in the same verticals as they are the preferred ones in terms of PR of ones home page.
What agency by estopple and agency by holding out?
Where a person by his conduct or by statement has led another person to believe that a certain state of affairs exists that a certain person is his agent, he is estopped from denying the fact of that statement subsequently.
Example: A tells T within the hearing of P that he is P's agent. P does not object to this statement. Later on T supplies certain goods to A who pretends to br acting as an agent of P. P is liable to pay the price to T.
What is the meaning of educational media?
Educational media is a tool/instrument (object, people or event) that can be used for teaching and learning.
What comes first in the four financial statements?
its the income statement don't know why???
What does Nike mean?
It means ''Victory'' in Greek. The name is used by a modern company producing running shoes and other athletic wear.
The Goddess Nike
Nike is the Greek goddess of victory. According to legend, in the Battle of Marathon, news of the the successful battle by the Greeks was sent by messenger back to their home city, 26 miles away (the origin of the marathon). The messenger was so exhausted when he got there that he said one word: "Nike!"(Victory) and then died from dehydration and exertion.
Further in Greek myth, when Zeus was gaining allies in the Titan War, Styx brought her four children, of which Nike (Victory) is one, the others being Zelos (Rivalry), Kratos (Strength) and Bia (Force). Nike was appointed his charioteer, and all four were appointed as sentinels standing beside the throne of the god. Beyond this Nike never acquired any distinctive mythology of her own.
What does selling for retail mean?
Selling items in a regular store, such as in a mall or freestanding; as opposed to selling for wholesale, which is selling a large quantity at a discount, such as to stores for resale.
What are marketing geographics?
When deciding your target market, you must consider demographics, psychographics, and geographics. Geographics include where your target market lives such as urban vs suburbs, mountains vs beach, different states maybe or countries, and also the climate. So basically, what geography features affect the consumers decision of purchasing the product.
What are the characteristics of mass marketing?
Mass marketing is a very profitable way of marketing because it reaches the large number of audience
Public and ethical issues in direct marketing?
· Irritation- many people do not like the large number of hard sell, direct marketing solicitations. Especially bothersome are dinnertime or late-night phone calls, poorly trained callers, and computerized calls by auto-dial recorded-message players.
· Unfairness- some direct marketers take advantage of impulsive or less sophisticated buyers or prey on the vulnerable, especially the elderly.
· Deception and fraud- some direct marketers design mailers and write copy intended to mislead. They may exaggerate product size, performance claims, or the retail price.
· Invasion of privacy- It seems that almost every time customers order products by mail or telephone, enter a sweepstakes, apply for a credit card, or take out magazine subscription, their name, address, and purchasing behavior maybe added to several company databases. Critics worry that marketers may know too much about consumer's lives, and they may use this knowledge to take unfair advantage.
How do you increase traffic to your website for free?
1. SEO is the best technique to increase traffic to your website for free.
SEO: Optimizing your website for search engines, this is the best technique to get free traffic to your website. SEO consist of two sub techniques:
- Off-page SEO helps in optimizing your offsite content and make them visible in search results. eg: Guest posting, Forum submission, Blog outreach etc.
- On-Page SEO helps in optimizing your onsite/website content and boost your organic traffic. eg, creating internal links, image alt text, meta description& title etc.
2. Use Social Media: you can use social media platforms to promote media websites for free of cost. join relevant groups, communities and share your content to it. eg, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram
What does ROS mean in advertising?
ROS is an acronym for Run Of Schedule. All broadcast media have "holes" in the advertising time they sell, and one way to fill those holes is to sell time at a heavily discounted rate and the station decides when the ad will run - a win-win for both sides if it's a good match.
What is penetration-pricing strategy?
Penetration-pricing strategy is used to build market share by obtaining profits from repeat sales. Occasionally, high sales volume allows sellers to further reduce prices.
What does conclusive marketing research entail?
This involves clearly defined research objectives and information needs. Some approaches to this research include surveys, experiments, observations, and simulation.
What do you call fake brand product?
The product with a fake brand is called as a Counterfeit product. The counterfeit product are such products that have fake replicas of the real products and they are often produced with the intent to take advantage of the superior value of the imitated product.
Why the market is unstable at consumer equilibrium?
There are many reasons why a consumer market equilibrium may be unstable, and it depends on which school of economic thought you follow. Generally, if there actually is a consumer equilibrium (which some believe does not truly occur) then what will cause it to become unstable is the effect of random shocks:
I.e.) let future consumption for any period be ct+j = ct + Et.
E is a random shock variable which is normally distributed around the mean (which we'll assume to be 0). Consumption in any period is simply equal to consumption in the period of time = t plus whatever shocks occurs in the economy (i.e.) political unrest, social movements, oil crises, etc.). In an economy, small shifts in variables such as consumption can cause larger changes because once an economy moves away from equilibrium, it causes a resulting change in other key equations which is no longer optimal. How the economy restores to equilibrium is also a debate amongst economist: Keynesians believe that wages/prices are 'sticky' and thus equilibrium is slow to reoccur after a shock; classicists believe that wages/prices are not sticky so that equilibrium will reestablish itself quickly. The rate at which an economy corrects these shocks will also affect how unstable equilibrium is. Finally, equilibrium can also constantly change due to factors such as technological growth. The economy needs time and information to adjust to these new equilibria and this can cause instability.
SWOT Analysis pepsodent?
SWOT or the acronym for Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats is done for the analysis of the external environment of a business. The business strength has to tackle with the available opportunities and to overcome the persisting threats in the market. For brands like Pepsodent, the analysis would include pre-view of the competitors like Colgate and many more and looking into what strategy do the competitors follow in making there brand stand out. In relation to this the strategy defining is done through the TOWS matrix.
What is the definition of soft marketing?
The marketing which has done through online is called "Soft Marketing".
What is reassuring advertising?
reassuring advertising is aimed at existing customers.
What does the Canterbury logo look like?
three c's with kiwis in it
What is FMCG companies?
FMCG companies are those companies that produce Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
Fast Moving Consumer Goods are the sorts of products generally sold in a supermarket, but can also include things like cheap electronics and over-the-counter medicines. They are 'fast moving' because they are purchased frequently and consumed quickly, as distinct from more durable goods such as appliances, which are generally replaced only every few years.
What is the address of Reebok's return center?
footwear distribution center (dc2) 495 cedar crest rd
Spartanburg Sc 29301
Is less sale and high profit margin is good?
if we are using skimming pricing strategy than this is good because in skimming we get substantial competitive advantage by launching a new product with different quality so it will be more beneficial for us to charge a high price.
What is meant by creative advertising?
Creative advertising encompasses finding creative solutions to advertise brands, products etc. to a targeted audience
The aim is to creative memorable advertising campaigns that boost brand/product recognition and awareness. This can be undertaken in a variety of media, including print (magazine/POS/outdoor), broadcast media (tv, radio, cinema et al), web/online rich media to POS (point of sale), and email and mobile advertising.